We inform you that on this website we use our own and third-party cookies to collect information about its use, improve our services and, where appropriate, display advertising by analyzing your browsing habits. You can expressly accept its use by pressing the "ACCEPT" button or configure and select the cookies you want to accept or reject in the settings. You can also get more information about our cookie policy here.

The global fashion business journal

Dec 3, 202012:12pm

American Dream gets fashionable: 350 stores to open in US biggest mall in 2020

The biggest shopping mall in the United States boosts its fashion offer with the opening of stores like Hermès, Moncler, Zara and Uniqlo, amongst others, by March 2020.

Nov 5, 2019 — 9:00am
D.G.
Save

American Dream gets fashionable: 350 stores to open in US biggest mall in 2020

 

 

American Dream bets for fashion. The biggest shopping mall in the United States, that began its construction 23 years ago, will conclude its fourth chapter by March 2020, where it will boost its fashion offer with more than 350 new stores.

 

The shopping mall, that has more than 280,000 square meters of commercial surface, will have stores of luxury companies like Hermès, Dolce&Gabbana, Saint Laurent, Tiffany and Moncler; department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue and retailers like Zara, Uniqlo, H&M or Primark, amongst others.

 

American Dream is located in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and it opened the doors of its first phase last week. The shopping mall, that started with the name of Xanadú, has required an investment of 5 billion dollars.

 

 

 

 

After filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy twice, the project was finally acquired by Triple Five Group in 2011, which finished its construction. The shopping center is the biggest in the United States by square meters and will in its new phase an aquarium, two miniature golf courses, Legoland.

 

Most of the space of American Dream will be destined to leisure and restaurants, about 55%, and the remaining 45% will be for retail. The project’s main drivers’ picture to attract mostly New York tourists and forecast that only half of visitors will reside in 80 square kilometers surroundings from the shopping center.

 

Advertising
Participation rules

info@themds.com

 

Validation policy for comments: 

 
MDS does not perform prior verification for the publication of comments. However, to prevent anonymous comments from affecting the rights of third parties without the ability to reply, all comments require a valid email address, which won’t be visible or shared.
 
Enter your name and email address to be able to comment on this news: once you click on the link you will find within your verification email, your comment will be published.

0 comments — Be the first to comment
...