We inform you that on this website we use our own and third-party cookies to collect information about its use, improve our services and, where appropriate, display advertising by analyzing your browsing habits. You can expressly accept its use by pressing the "ACCEPT" button or configure and select the cookies you want to accept or reject in the settings. You can also get more information about our cookie policy here.

The global fashion business journal

Jun 19, 20242:38am

Bikkembergs relaunches in 2020: opens under new name in China

Formerly called Dirk Bikkemberg, the Belgian company seeks to position its new brand with the opening of the first store in China.

Nov 22, 2019 — 5:29pm

Bikkembergs relaunches in 2020: opens under new name in China



Bikkembergs is on its way to relaunching. Formerly known as Dirk Bikkember, starting from the next collection, the company will gather its entire product offer under a single brand called Bikkembergs, simplifying its products portfolio designed by creative director Lee Wood. The first step of this phase will take place this Friday with the opening of a 2,153-square-meter flagship store in the Raffles City shopping center in Chongqing.


This strategic restructuring has come at the same time as the total acquisition of the brand by the retail company Guangzhou Canudilo Fashion&Accessories. The acquired 51% stake for 40.7 million euros in June 2015 and in February of this year acquired the remaining 49% that belonged to Zeis Excelsa-Levitas and the Italian company Sinv. As explained by Dario Predonzan, chief executive officer “since the acquisition in 2015, we focused on renewing the brand by updating its image and rediscovering the values ​​to prepare the company’s new growth phase.”


Founded in 1986 Belgian Dirk Bikkemberg, the Dirk Bikkembergs Group sold three different lines: Dirk Bikkembergs Sport Couture, exclusive fashion for sporty men; Bikkembergs, casual designer fashion and Bikkembergs Sport, designer sports fashion. Canudilo Group has 300 Canudilo single-brand stores, as well as franchises of luxury brands such as Giorgio Armani, Givenchy and Bally.

Participation rules



Validation policy for comments: 

MDS does not perform prior verification for the publication of comments. However, to prevent anonymous comments from affecting the rights of third parties without the ability to reply, all comments require a valid email address, which won’t be visible or shared.
Enter your name and email address to be able to comment on this news: once you click on the link you will find within your verification email, your comment will be published.

0 comments — Be the first to comment