We inform you that on this website we use our own and third-party cookies to collect information about its use, improve our services and, where appropriate, display advertising by analyzing your browsing habits. You can expressly accept its use by pressing the "ACCEPT" button or configure and select the cookies you want to accept or reject in the settings. You can also get more information about our cookie policy here.

The global fashion business journal

Sep 29, 20205:22am

Natura strengthens its board of directors after Avon acquisition

The Brazilian cosmetics group has appointed three new members to its board of directors coming from the recently acquired American company Avon.

Dec 19, 2019 — 4:00pm
mds
Save

Natura strengthens its board of directors after Avon acquisition

 

 

Natura strengthens its board of directors. A few months after reaching an agreement for the acquisition of the cosmetic and beauty company Avon, the Brazilian group has appointed three new members to its board of directors coming from the American company. The operation expects to be completed in the first quarter of 2020.

 

The new additions to the board will be Nancy Killefer, who has served on Avon’s board since 2013, Andrew G. McMaster, who has been serving as the chair of the audit committee on the Avon Products board since 2018 and W. Don Cornwell, that has been a member of Avon’s board since 2002.

 

 

 

 

After the acquisition, Natura will control 76% of Avon, while the remaining 24% remains in the hands of the shareholders of the American company. This would be the second major corporate operation of the Brazilian giant in recent years. In 2017, Natura acquired The Body Shop from L'Oréal in an operation valued at 1.1 billion dollars.

 

As Natura explained in a statement, Avon’s acquisition makes it the fourth largest cosmetic group in the world by revenue, with an annual turnover of 10 billion dollars. Avon ended its fiscal year 2018 with losses of 21.8 million dollars, while Natura reached a net profit of 548.4 million reais (144.9 million dollars), down 18, 2% year-on-year.

Advertising
Participation rules

info@themds.com

 

Validation policy for comments: 

 
MDS does not perform prior verification for the publication of comments. However, to prevent anonymous comments from affecting the rights of third parties without the ability to reply, all comments require a valid email address, which won’t be visible or shared.
 
Enter your name and email address to be able to comment on this news: once you click on the link you will find within your verification email, your comment will be published.

0 comments — Be the first to comment
...