We inform you that on this website we use our own and third-party cookies to collect information about its use, improve our services and, where appropriate, display advertising by analyzing your browsing habits. You can expressly accept its use by pressing the "ACCEPT" button or configure and select the cookies you want to accept or reject in the settings. You can also get more information about our cookie policy here.

The global fashion business journal

Aug 11, 20205:41pm

New Jersey tests the shopping center of the future: countdown for American Dream megamall

The shopping complex began its building 23 years ago and will have almost 280,000 square meters. Less than half of it will be devoted to retail.

Oct 16, 2019 — 10:40am
Mds
Save

American Dream shopping center New Jersey

 

New Jersey tests the mall of the future in the Apocalipsis Retail kingdom. The locality of East Rutherford has begun the countdown for the opening of the American Dream, a macro complex that started its building 23 years ago and whose first phase will open up to the public on October 25th of this year.

 

American Dream, born under the name of Xanadu, has required an inversion of 5 billion dollars and has filed for bankruptcy twice, until the Triple Five Group took the management of the project in 2011.

 

 

The shopping center will include a Nickelodeon’s theme park, an ice track, an aquarium, two miniature golf courses, a Legoland park and a ski track. In fact, the majority of the complex, around 55%, will be destined to leisure and restaurants, while the remaining 45% will be devoted to retail.

 

The last phase of American Dream will open up in 2020. The project’s main drivers picture to attract mostly New York tourists and forecast that only half of visitors will reside in an 80 square kilometers surroundings from the shopping center.

 

Advertising
Participation rules

info@themds.com

 

Validation policy for comments: 

 
MDS does not perform prior verification for the publication of comments. However, to prevent anonymous comments from affecting the rights of third parties without the ability to reply, all comments require a valid email address, which won’t be visible or shared.
 
Enter your name and email address to be able to comment on this news: once you click on the link you will find within your verification email, your comment will be published.

0 comments — Be the first to comment
...