We inform you that on this website we use our own and third-party cookies to collect information about its use, improve our services and, where appropriate, display advertising by analyzing your browsing habits. You can expressly accept its use by pressing the "ACCEPT" button or configure and select the cookies you want to accept or reject in the settings. You can also get more information about our cookie policy here.

The global fashion business journal

Dec 3, 202010:54am

Inditex reviews a quarter key for its margin after stock reaches two-year high

 Analysts still trust Zara’s parent company growth potential. The group will release its third quarter results next Wednesday.

Dec 9, 2019 — 9:00am
P. R. D.
Related topics
Save

Inditex reviews a quarter key for its margin after stock reaches two-year high

 

 

 

Inditex faces a new exam. Zara’s parent company will release next Wednesday its third quarter results, a period when it usually notes the higher margins. The results come at a sweet moment for the group, that reached a two-year high in the stock market and has been praised by the market analysts.

 

Inditex ended the second quarter with sales up 8.2% and a profit rise of 10%, its best data in two years. Gross margin stood at 54.5%, 0.2 p.p. less than the previous year.

 

The third quarter results will be again a crucial test for its margin: Inditex is the fashion retailer that has better restrained the fall of this indicator, specially if compared with H&M.

 

 

 

 

In the third quarter of 2018, Inditex gross margin stood at 60.5%, ahead of the 59.4% of the third quarter of 2017. H&M’s gross margin in the third quarter was 50.3%, down from 51.4% year-on-year.

 

The analyst consensus for the third quarter is optimistic. Bloomberg estimates sales to grow 8.4%, reaching 6.9 billion euros, which will be its highest quarterly increase since 2017.

 

However, there’s no clear consensus regarding margin: Sabadell and Renta 4 expect it to be flat. Regarding net profit, Bloomberg consensus considers it will grow 16% year-on-year, reaching 1.1 billion euros.

 

 

 

 

The price target for the retailer is 29.1 euros. Last Friday, Inditex was trading at 28.92 euros, up 33.61% since the end of 2018. In the same period, the Ibex35 index has risen 9.9%.

 

Last September, Inditex forecasted its like-for-like sales will grow between 4% and 6% in the full year. In the first half, Inditex comparable sales rose e5%, versus 4% the previous year. The company stated that the revenue grew across all brands, markets and both at store and online.

 

Only 11% of its revenue came from new openings and enlargements. The rest, about 89%, was organic growth, coming from existing stores and the e-commerce operations.

Advertising
Participation rules

info@themds.com

 

Validation policy for comments: 

 
MDS does not perform prior verification for the publication of comments. However, to prevent anonymous comments from affecting the rights of third parties without the ability to reply, all comments require a valid email address, which won’t be visible or shared.
 
Enter your name and email address to be able to comment on this news: once you click on the link you will find within your verification email, your comment will be published.

0 comments — Be the first to comment
...